What kind of information do we collect?
Information you provide
Please find below the type of information we may require from you to provide our services on the Platform:
|Type of User||Test Taker||Customer||A subject-matter expert (developing the tests)|
|full name||√ √ √|
|Gender||√ – √|
|phone number||– √ √|
|address, postal code, city, state||– √ √|
|email address||√ √ √|
|date of birth||– – √|
|your username and password when you register for an account||– √ √|
|IP address||√ √ √|
|career-related information (e.g. education, job history)||√ √ √|
|the answers you give to test questions||√ – –|
|communications between you and us||√ √ √|
|subscriptions/preferences||– √ √|
In some cases, you may provide personal data to us about other people (such as Test Takers). You must ensure that you have given those individuals an appropriate notice that you are providing their information to us and have obtained their consent to that disclosure.
Information we collect when you use our Platform:
- Log file information: We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform. This log file information may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Google: Google Inc. provides Google Ads remarketing service. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting Google Ads Settings. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. This Service allows visitors to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- AppNexus: AppNexus remarketing Service is provided by AppNexus Inc. You can opt out of AppNexus remarketing by visiting the Privacy Privacy on the AppNexus Platform.
- Pixels: We use tracking pixels from Facebook, LinkedIn, and HubSpot for marketing and customer service purposes.
2. How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help us provide and support (the services on) our Platform. Here is how:
- Service provision: we use the information to carry out and administer the tests you book, take or develop;
- Communication: sending emails, newsletters, and other messages to keep you informed of the Platform. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link. We also use the personal data to deal with inquiries and complaints made by you relating to the Platform and to address your questions, issues, and concerns;
- Website monitoring: to check that the Platform and our other technology services are being used appropriately and optimizing their functionality;
- Platform optimization: improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Platform and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Managing suppliers: who deliver services to us;
- Easy access: to help you efficiently access your information after you sign in and to remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Platform;
- Statistics: monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, demographic patterns, and patterns in our test results (on an anonymized and aggregated basis);
- Development: develop and test new products and features.
- Benchmarks: use aggregated and anonymized test scores and demographics to provide benchmarks to our customers and improve our services.
3. Our reasons for using your personal data
We will process your personal data for several reasons:
- you have given us consent;
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests or those of a third party: provided this does not override any interests or rights you have as an individual. Our legitimate interests are:
- managing our business and relationship with you or your company or organization;
- understanding and responding to inquiries and User feedback;
- understanding how our Users use the Platform;
- identifying what our Users want and developing our relationship with you, your company or your organization;
- improving our Platform and offerings;
- managing our supply chain;
- developing relationships with business partners;
- sharing data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business.
4. To whom do we share your personal data?
We share your information with others as follows:
- Customers: We share information about Subject-matter experts with (prospective) customers to inform them about the Subject-matter expert’s background and credentials, as provided by the Subject-matter expert. We will not rent or sell your information to any third parties;
- Test results: We share information of Test Takers with customers who administered tests to them; we share feedback of Test Takers and customers on tests with the Subject-matter experts who authored those tests.
- Suppliers: Suppliers who support our business, including IT and communication suppliers, outsourced business support, business intelligence, marketing and advertising agencies, and backup vendors. Our suppliers have to meet standards regarding information security, and they will only be provided data in line with their function.
- Legal requests and preventing harm: We may access, preserve and share your personal data in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to (i) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity and (ii) to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. Safety and security
RenderQuiz has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures using the latest technologies to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful processing. We use safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Platform secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We request you to do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
6. Your Rights
If you are resident in the European Union, in accordance with European Union privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of the personal information that we hold:
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data, and if we are, you can request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain other information about it;
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you be corrected;
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Portability: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person;
- Objection: You may challenge this when we process your personal data based on a legitimate interest (or a third party’s). However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Automated decisions: you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered;
- Consent: where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent.
Residents in other jurisdictions may have similar rights to the above. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact hello@RenderQuiz.com.
You also have a right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority, particularly in a member state in the European Union where you are habitually resident, where we are based, or where any alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place.
7. Third-party applications, websites, and services
8. How long do we keep your data?
We generally keep your information only as long as needed to provide the services on our Platform. We will retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting, or regulatory requirements. The retention period for test-taker data available to customers (e.g. name, email address, and test scores) is 5 years. Webcam pictures taken as an anti-cheating measure are retained for 6 months. Video recordings of test-takers answering custom questions are kept for 2 years.
9. Where will your information be held?
Your information will be held on servers in Canada. We will take steps to protect your information in line with locally applicable data protection requirements.
Our Platform does not address anyone under 18 years (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
12. Changes to this Policy
13. How to contact us
Thank you for visiting www.RenderQuiz.com (“Website”). This cookie notice applies to the website, any third-party website (e.g. YouTube and Facebook) and applications accessed or used through such websites or platforms which are operated by or on behalf of RenderQuiz (“RenderQuiz Site”).
When using a mobile device to connect to the internet, you should also refer to the privacy notice of the specific App you are using to understand its specific data collection practices.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently and provide information to the site owners.
2. How and why does RenderQuiz use them?
RenderQuiz keeps all the information collected from cookies in a format that is not personally identifiable. RenderQuiz cookies on your computer do not retain your name or IP address.
3. What type of cookies does RenderQuiz use?
The following types of cookies are used on RenderQuiz websites.
These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work correctly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies, your informed consent is required.
Session cookies are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and return to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
Cookies that send information to us
These are the cookies we set on the RenderQuiz Site, and they can only be read by the RenderQuiz Site. This is known as a “First Party” cookie.
We also place cookies on ads shown on other websites owned by third parties (e.g. LinkedIn). We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation, the ad places a “Third Party” cookie. We may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behaviour.
Cookies that send information to other companies
These cookies are set on the RenderQuiz Site by our partner companies (e.g. LinkedIn or advertisers). They may use the data collected from these cookies to anonymously target advertising to you on other websites based on your visit to this website. For example, if you use a social widget (e.g. the LinkedIn icon) on the website, it will record your “share” or “like”. LinkedIn (as the company setting the cookie) will collect the data. This is known as a “Third Party” cookie.
Demographics and Interest Reporting
The RenderQuiz Site uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to improve advertising. Some typical applications are to target advertising based on what’s relevant to a user, enhance reporting on campaign performance, and avoid showing ads the user has already seen. This is done using what is called the DoubleClick cookie. If you don’t want your information collected in this way, you can:
- use Google’s Ads Settings to opt out of Display Advertising, or
- use Google’s Browser add-on to opt-out of Google Analytics
DoubleClick cookies contain no personally identifiable information. Sometimes the DoubleClick cookie will include an additional identifier similar to the cookie ID and is used to identify an ad campaign to which a user was exposed previously.
We will not use any information reported by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to identify any individual user of our site.
4. How can I change my cookie settings?
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to this website’s features if you do so. See your browser ‘help’ button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of the RenderQuiz Site. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you must ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Please click the following link to delete the cookies and all information gathered and otherwise change your cookie settings.
Change Cookie Settings
The site allows you to choose not to allow the services that create and use these cookies to run, although you may not have access to all the site features if you do so.
For useful information on cookies, see AboutCookies.org
Legal Notice Update
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.