To edit a quiz click on the “Settings” button in the quiz section you wish to edit, as shown in Figure 1.5(a).
Figure 1.5(b) Edit Quiz
Follow the instructions listed below to edit your quiz.
- You can change the quiz title.
- You can change the description.
- You can change the instructions.
- Maximum Quiz Attempts: this refers to how many times an examiner can take your quiz.
- Generate Certificate: you can generate a certificate which will be presented to an examiner after exam has been taken.
The certificate can also have a validity period if needed
- Randomize Questions: this refers to how questions will be displayed in a random order to each respondent.
- Automatic Question Numbering: this refers to a sequential number will be automatically added to the start of each question.
- Time limit: Respondents will only have the set time to complete the whole quiz. The time limit is entered in the format hours: minutes (hh:mm)
- Answer(s) feedback: As each page is completed the answers and any feedback will be displayed to the respondent.
- Show Summary after Quiz: The results page will be displayed to the respondent when they submit the quiz.
- Use Grade System: This refers to setting a grade for each exam.
- Invigilate Quiz: Real-time video monitoring using Zoom to invigilate your quiz/exam.
If set to private quiz you will be required to add a password. It is optional but it will be advisable to put a password for security reasons.
Note: its only registered examiners that have access to this password.
If invigilate quiz is set you will need to follow the following instruction
- Add an invigilator(s) to invigilate the quiz.
- A pop up will be displayed showing the list of invigilators you created.
- Check or uncheck the checkbox to assign or unassign an invigilator
- If you wish to add a new invigilator, click on “New Invigilator”
- A pop up will be displayed to create a new invigilator.
- Click “close” when done assigning the invigilator(s) to the quiz.
Figure 1.6 Assign Invigilator to Quiz
Figure 1.7 Create invigilator
Using Grade System
This is under “Grading” in the edit quiz page. Follow the following instructions:
- Click “Add/Remove Grade System” button.
- A pop up showing the list of grading systems created will be displayed.
- Check or uncheck the radio to assign or unassign a grade system.
- If you wish to add a new grade system, click on “Create Grading System”
- A pop up will be displayed to create a new grade system.
- To create a grade system, you will be required to follow the following criteria
- Name: Name of the grading system. E.g., Junior Secondary School. (Field is required)
- Description: Describe the grading system. (Field is optional).
- Grade Items: consist of the Actual Grade, E.g. Pass, Minimum score and Maximum score for the actual grade.
Note: you can have more than one grade items for a grade system
Figure 1.8 Assign grade system to quiz
Figure 1.9 Create grade system